Thursday, April 10, 2014

Me? A Craftsy Instructor??

Sometimes I have to pinch myself.  This is one of those times.

I'm a Craftsy instructor, believe it or not.  My online class, "Seaming Beyond the Basics" will launch in May!  Some of you may have taken my classes at Vogue Knitting Live, or at a yarn store near you, but this online class thing is all the rage, don't you know.  Just a word about the Craftsy experience - AMAZING.  I was so nervous.  I guess a lot of the "what if I fail" jitters, but in the end they made sure I had everything I needed to succeed - a smart producer, and a talented crew of camera men and computer whizzes.  I loved every minute of it, and I'd be nervous all over again if they asked.  Please stay tuned for the launch announcement and the details.  

I've also just published a new original crochet design in the Vogue Knitting Crochet 2014 issue:


It was really fun to make.  Ok, that's a lie.  It was super challenging.  At times I didn't think I'd be able to pull it off, but the end product made me smile.  I'm happy with her.  She's one of my favorite crochet designs.  Sometimes I look at this stuff and I'm like "where on EARTH did that come from?".

And I'm also happy to announce I have a new website for my alter ego stuff.  Tainted Wool is an exploration of the experimental, artistic side of my knitwear practice.  It's a little darker, so you won't find many frilly pretty things (depends on who you ask, I guess):


So yeah.. Lots going on.  

Happy knitting!
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment